We went up the Jemez Mountains yesterday afternoon/evening with some friends in our ward. We had a little picnic and hiked a little bit. There were tons of people up in the mountains camping and hiking. It was such a beautiful day to be there! Emma loved to walk in the grass barefoot. She stood a couple of times by herself. We are getting closer! Our friends also brought their rock climbing gear and Todd had never been so this was his first time. (I don't know that he'll appreciate his buns being posted on the blog but...whatever!) He did so good. He made great time too. This wasn't considered an easy wall either so for it being his first time everyone said he did really well! Almost to the top!!! So...any guesses what we talked about on the way home??? Yep, Todd needs money to buy climbing gear. I think he's going to start out by getting a harness and going with our friends, using their equipment, and slowly work his way up. There are a few people in our ward that climb so maybe we'll get a group together. I didn't do it but we are going to go to YMCA and practice on their indoor wall so I can feel better about it and we will get certified there. Here's a video of Todd coming down the wall...
4 comments:
Nice job Todd you have more guts then I have.
One question...does Todd have a permit for the gun he's showin' off in the first picture! ;) hehe
Rock climbing is so fun!!!
Sounds like fun! We started buying rock climbing stuff, but we never got more than harnesses and they're not so useful when that's all we've got!
Post a Comment