Monday, August 25, 2008

Guess who is meeting Julia Roberts??!!

So, most people who live in New Mexico know that Julia Roberts and her family live in Taos. She shops there, she eats out, etc. So she's seen frequently by the Taos people. Well, I have loved Julia since Pretty Woman (edited on TBS) and have always wanted to meet her because I was pretty sure that we would be good friends. I mean of course I would like her and what's not to like about me? (That's not a question I want answered!) So, I did a little research and found her contact information in Taos. I got up the nerve to call her and was so afraid she'd be a little standoffish since it seemed to be a crazed fan calling her at home. But I played it cool (not like my Jerry Seinfeld incident in NYC) and I said hi Julia, this is Tiffany. How are you, etc. I acted like we were the oldest of friends already. I asked her if she and the family had plans this weekend and she said that her and Danny (her husband) were going Rock Climbing and I said PERFECT, me and Todd are going Rock Climbing also...which wasn't true, but if Julia was going we were definitly going. So I asked where and she asked where I liked to climb and I told her in the Jemez (the only place we've actually been) and she said that sounded great. We made plans for this weekend to meet with the kids and a picnic and to Rock Climb. How exciting, Rock Climbing with Julia Roberts!!! Then I woke up to Saydie licking my face because she had to go potty and I was so totally devastated! But...I guess it's okay, because #1 I don't rock climb, #2 I've heard that Julia isn't actually very nice and is snobby and #3 It wouldn't have worked out for us to be BFF's anyway...we are just too different! Oh well, it was a great dream though!

3 comments:

Reba said...

That was seriously the funniest thing ever! I was totally in shock!

Bonnie said...

SO you seriously had me going and I thought you had gone crazy! So funny!

Ashley said...

I knew it wasn't for real, I already had plans with her! haha that was so funny tiff!