I lead a very busy, crazy life. I don't know how to say no. I volunteer for things. I sign up for things. I take on too many things. I get new ideas and run full force with them. I dream big. I over-extend myself. And so on... and in the end I wonder if it really is accomplishing all of the things that are important to me. Today was not a great day. Todd had a rough night last night and couldn't sleep. He consequently went and sat in the hot-tub at 2am, came back inside at 3am and read until 4am. At 5am he woke me up to tell me he couldn't sleep. Hmmm... needless to say I didn't sleep very well last night. Well, when momma doesn't get much sleep she tends to be a bit grouchy during the day. I was a little snappy today with Emma. I am under some EXTREMELY large pressures with work (I use that term loosely because in theory I am self-employed...) but I have several deadlines coming up that all happen to be within a 3 week period and are very large events. On top of which it's time to plant my garden, all 400 square feet of it. And...it's time to start milking Nutmeg again twice a day which means I need to find a home for the 2 babies we aren't keeping and get a milk stand built for her. And, the turkeys are nearly too big to fit in the coop so the new space for them needs to get finished ASAP. And, we just got Em a puppy that isn't 100% potty trained and it's snowing outside. And, I have a huge boutique tomorrow, a Home and Garden Show next weekend and a party not far after that. And, seriously...do I need to keep going??????????????????? I didn't even mention cleaning my house and doing laundry!!!!!But what I realized today is that I do a lot of things. They are good things. They serve a purpose, fill a need, and make me feel successful when I complete them. But the bottom line is...I'm not doing anything for MYSELF. Todd and I started the Biggest Loser Program about a month ago and I lost 14lbs in the first 2 weeks and I wasn't even doing the exercise 100%. I was totally on board with it...but like anything else, the newness wears off and I got distracted. So, I have decided and hopefully Todd will read this and say "Great idea Hon!", I am going to get our family a membership to YMCA and go. There is a babysitter onsite for FREE everyday so I don't have the excuse of what am I going to do with Em... we bought a pool pass for the summer but that doesn't start until the end of May and I'm not going to sit around feeling exhausted and tired until then. I am going to go to the gym, listen to my workout music I bought for my ipod, enjoy getting sweaty, enjoy having an hour and a half to listen to my heart beat while not having to worry about anything else. I am totally excited about it and you know what...I deserve this time!
So...I am not going to look like this mom in the picture above! I'm reclaiming myself and in fact becoming a better person through this experience because in the end, it will make me a better mom, a better wife, a better and more successful business owner and a better peer to my team and business network. Life is to short not to take care of yourself, not to love the body you're in, especially since it's the only one you will ever get. I've never loved that part of myself...but I'm about to!


2 comments:
I'm proud of you Tiffy! I know you can do it and I have ALWAYS known that. And you you know what he says, "It won't be easy but it will be worth it." Who says that? Well you know...he says that :) (Singles Ward 2)
Good luck and Keep me posted on how you are doing. Also keep in mind that what you are starting can be very addicting! Looking your best and more importantly FEELING your best is like a drug. :) Again I am so proud of you!
I've always said, there is NOTHING you can't do. Here's just one more thing to add to your list. You are my hero. I wish I had your desire to get involved in so many things. Document the journey and one day you will add "a writer" to your list of accomplishments.
Post a Comment