Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Something we totally laughed at...

Todd and I got the biggest kick out of this!!! Especially since we just "harvested" some of our meat a few days ago and enjoyed it on Sunday! There is nothing like raising your food and being able to be self-reliant. This summer when our garden comes in, the only thing we will need the grocery store for is toilet paper and Todd's lived in the Philippines so I think he could spare a square!!

7 comments:

cryssal said...

Are you making your own soap noe too? I hear that lye really burns your skin. I can't wait for our garden either.

Tiffany said...

You can make some really great soap out of Goat's milk. I think I will give it a try this summer!

Ashley said...

GOOD GRIEF! HOW MOLLY MORMON ARE YOU?! :) JUST KIDDING I THINK IT'S GREAT! AND THERE IS SUCH SATISFACTION IN BEING ABLE TO DO IT ALL YOURSELF! THAT IS WITH THE HELP OF A HUSBAND, CHILD, GOAT AND CHICKENS!! :)

Sue said...

Is there NOTHING you can't do??? You MUST be related to your father.

Tiffany said...

If there is a book out there...pretty sure I can do it!!!

Margie said...

That is so funny!!!
Have you heard of Square Foot Gardening? I'm doing it this summer. I can't wait to start.

Jeff & Marci said...

That is SO cool! One of these days I need to come down and see this amazing place of yours. :)