Oh but I'm going to! And besides, everyone deserves a chance every now and then! So, Todd had to work a double today, which means he went to work last night at 10:30 and won't get home until 4:30 this afternoon, after which he will eat and then go to sleep until 10:00 tonight where he will then wake up, shower and go back to work. The double days are the worst because I don't see him literally for like 2 days. (Tomorrow he will come home from work, go to sacrament meeting and then sleep for about 7-8 hours.)
So...needless to say I can get really BORED and entertaining Miss Em gets a little difficult after a while. So...today we deemed it cooking day. I spent the morning teach Miss Em how to cook. (I don't think she cared or payed attention, but she seemed to be emjoying herself.)
I started a batch of Frog Eye Salad (Todd's favorite) and it has to sit in the fridge overnight so we'll have it tomorrow for dinner. I am working on a batch of homemade fruit roll-ups...they have been in the oven for 2 hours though so who knows what's going on with them. I made some delish teriyaki sauce from SCRATCH, which will be for dinner tonight, a yummy chicken and rice bowl with teriyaki sauce and some grilled spaghetti squash! I'm also going to make something for a little dessert, I'm not sure what yet, but that's the most fun part! I think I will end up making a Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Pie! Mmmmmm...doesn't that sound good?
So...I have had a great day so far, I've fed the animals, cooked, even cleaned up the kitchen afterwards, made my bed, and I have plenty of time to sweep, mop and maybe even work on getting out the rats nest that has taken over the back of Emma's head! (I must remember to comb that head of hair EVERYDAY!)
So...that's my day. Now, I shall take a break from my chores and work on my garden outline for next year. I will have over 1500 square feet of gardening space! I can't wait!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I can't believe how much you have going on at the moment! Your little farm is so cute! emma is the cutest!
Post a Comment