Sunday, September 28, 2008

I love these pictures. Emma is peeking into the duck and chick area. She either has to bend down a bit or stand on her tip toes because she's a little too tall or a little to short to look at them straight on.
She wears her garden crocs and gets to walk up and down the fence while we are outside working. She *loves* to walk!!! And I *love* that she can walk!
Here she is on her tip toes!! So cute!
Love this girl! She says Stop, Bus, Pa-Pa, Poop, and Shhh. She does a lot of signing still and as soon as she lets go of the wall we will tackle the potty training pretty hard because she can recognize when she's gone in her diaper.
Here are our three little ducklings. This is a picture of their "clean" run, which it only lasted this clean for about 10 minutes. Ducks are the MESSIEST creatures ever. That water, changed yesterday morning is now a nearly black muddy mess. I didn't change it today...it's the sabbath. I will change it Mon-Sat but I'm taking Sunday off from my extensive animal chores. I have to siphon it out anyway and it's a pain, it will be really great next year when I have the garden because I'll water the garden with that water but for now...it will just make a mud pit until the back is mulched!
We got a lot done this past week, which feels great because as we are done with our "animal" projects, it means we can start working on our garden project. We will start framing in the various grow boxes and hauling in the manure in the next couple of weeks. (Can't say I'm excited about the smell...) We won't start the planting until next year, but everything will just sit and be mulching all winter long! Mmmmm....nothing like mulch.
As a side note, our little goat Felicity has discovered how to jump onto her house (approx. 4 1/2 to 5 feet tall) and jump over the chain link fence, where she is then chased and nearly scared to death by Charlie and Saydie. So...in order to prevent a broken bone from a stunt jump gone bad, Felicity will be going back to the Goat Lady! So, we will just have Nutmeg by herself, which in Goat world isn't ever a good idea, but Nutmeg is very calm and laid back and we put the two rabbits in with her everyday to keep her company and she seems just fine. Nutmeg was also in heat this past week and so we will watch for that again in 21 days and breed her which will have her kidding in February. (That's really what it's called!)
We sold some of the day old chicks and sold one of our "big" chickens that hasn't started laying yet! WHEN WILL THEY LAY???
Tomorrow I have 2 different pre-school groups coming over for a field trip, I'm practicing for a musical number in church, I've got a RS Recipe Group coming over on Tuesday for a potluck (so I need to clean for that!) and I've got laundry coming out of nearly every crack and cranny in my house!
I can honestly say that when I worked full-time, I never worked this hard. This "job" is all enclusive and I am worth much more than the $50k I was making selling shower gel!!!

6 comments:

Brielle said...

I bet Emma loves hanging out in your backyard. Jack would absolutely go crazy!

Tiffany said...

She does love it! Come over anytime! :)

Jenny said...

I love the picture of Emma peeking into the fence. We might just have to come by and let the kids check out your "farm".

Bonnie said...

I love the pictures! Emma is so cute! Brooke still talks about "baby" Emma and how she likes to share with her!

Ashley said...

Love it Tiffy! She's still the cutest girl i have ever seen!! :) So the big question is...what will we be eating for Thanksgiving?...Duck, Chicken, Rabbit or Goat?! (let's toss Saydie into the mix too, Todd will feel like he's back on the mish!!)

cryssal said...

I think I might pout because I don't have a cute title on your side bar. Just boring aunt and you know I am not that!