Tuesday, March 30, 2010

More babies!

Nutmeg had her babies last night at about 1:30am. We woke up at 2 and went out and sure enough...3 more babies to add to our herd. We originally thought we had 2 girls and a boy, but the sunshine proved us wrong, it was 2 boys and one girl! The above picture is Nutmeg taking care of York, one of Oreo's babies.
{Oreo & York}
{Nutmeg & Ginger & Oregano}
{Nutmeg feeding Hershey...Oreo's baby}
{Oregano}
{Ginger~the only girl!}
{Cinnamon}
{All the babies with Nutmeg}
I am in awe of Nutmeg. She is an amazing mother. She has taken Oreo's babies as her own and is nursing 5 babies and caring for 5 babies. Oreo will let her 2 babies nurse but wants nothing to do with the other 3. Nutmeg spends 100% of her time caring for, feeding and cleaning these babies. I have learned so much from her!

5 comments:

Brielle said...

I think my favorite part are the names of these goats. Where did York come from?

Tiffany said...

York Peppermint Patty! We tried to keep Oreo's candy or treats and Nutmeg's babies spices! :)

Sherry Leal said...

You guys are so lucky to be getting so many multiples! We had goats when I was growing up and twice we bread our does, twice we got one single boy, and then we gave up. I know goats usually have twins, but triples is kind of special, I thought! Only one girl, but at least you can sell the boys as grazers or breeders. They're not TOTALLY useless (although cute at this stage :)).

Ashley said...

I love your goats, so much I may want one....of oreos next batch....maybe....we'll see! :) Super cute though, dang!

~Courtney~ said...

They are sooo adorable!!! I love baby animals! Congrats you guys! I hope you are doing great!