Friday, January 01, 2010

Ring in the New Year!

Well, one week ago we brought our baby home from the hospital! I can't believe how fast time goes by! He's nearly 3 weeks already! Last night our New Year's celebrations were pretty low key. Emma was in bed by 8:30 (that was cause enough for celebration) and then Max was out until about 11, ate and then we both went back to bed. He sleeps really well all day in his bed and falls asleep there at night, but by about the 1:30am feeding after he eats and has his diaper changed, he just won't sleep in his bed. He isn't satisfied until he is right next to me, skin to skin. I have just been letting him for the past several nights because honestly, I think he has a bit of anxiety at night from when I left him in the hospital at night. This way, he knows that I'm close and am keeping him safe! Poor guy, he's just a bit traumatized by his first few weeks of life! But, can you blame him?!

1 comments:

Sherry Leal said...

Both of mine have gone through periods when they just needed to sleep with me for one reason or another. I loved it. Of course, the time comes when they just sleep better on their own, but co-sleeping has its advantages and purpose, especially for one like Max who had a rough start in life.