Friday, December 28, 2007

Cabin Fever...


I am really having a hard time with this staying in the house business. There is only so much you can do within 1200 square feet all day long. Especially since Todd won't let me play DDR because he is trying to beat Halo 3. Oh well, I guess I will go scrap another page. I have a contest going over on my Itty Bitty Scrap Shack blog for a layout. It ends tomorrow. But it was using a particular quote: "Hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our courage and strength." After I finished this layout, I showed it to Todd and he said..."You're going to win this contest for sure!" Silly Todd, I'm judging it, not entering it! I even pulled out my needle and thread on this page and all of the little slips of paper, are entries from my journal during my Post Partum. Pretty scary stuff so I won't repeat it here!!
We are trying to talk our friends from Denver into coming this weekend for New Years. Hopefully the weather will let up for them to be able to come. Alisa and I and Em will probably hit the sales at the stores while Todd, John and Jake have a battle Ro-yal over the x-box. As long as they play nice. The first one that comes to us crying means the games are over! This time last year Todd and I and Alisa and Jake were soaking up the rays in Florida...oh how I miss that! (Although Todd and I were wildly unprepared for the humidity and temperature. We were wearing pants and fleece! We had to go buy some shorts and capris!)
Emma has a dr's appt on Monday and again, we are hoping and crossing our fingers that we'll be able to take the oxygen off. She has been such a good girl through all of this. I'm really quite impressed with her patience...she surely didn't get that from me! We can't go to church with her for about 2 months, that's where kids tend to pick up the germs, so Em won't be in church until Jakey's homecoming in February. Todd and I will take turns being at home with her...although Todd would probably volunteer to stay home with her. I think not!
Well...that is my update for now. I will continue to keep you posted on the latest and greatest adventures of the NM Lovell's as the story unfolds...until then...

1 comments:

cryssal said...

I will stay home with her! Maybe that can be my excuse for the next 2 month's, "Sorry I am staying home with my niece....in New Mexico!"