I haven't "written" anything for awhile besides the daily comings and goings so I thought I'd journal a bit...bear with me while I indulge during this quiet time (which rarely happens these days!).
I've been feeling baby Max kick A LOT and I love it. It's one of the things I missed the most after Emma was born. It's so hard to explain to Todd what it feels like on the inside. It's so hard to help him understand the bond that this baby and I are creating every single day and that no matter how rough and tough he ends up being and into trains, trucks and guns, he will be a momma's boy and we will have a special tie. I can't believe that in about 9 weeks and some change, I will be looking into this baby's eyes and he will be my SON. That's so strange to me to think about how much our world will shift by adding a boy to the mix. It's not the end of pink things and dolls and an insane shoe fettish, but it's adding all of those new elements that will just make things more complete...to which Todd is thrilled about! (he could do without some of these dolls and princesses!)
I have to admit that I haven't been the most patient mom the past few weeks. I've been more irritated, more tired, more frustrated and felt defeated at times when really I shouldn't have. I know that I'm happier when I take a time out and do something for myself, which lately has been spending time in my beloved craft room. I'm so grateful for that space and the "sanctuary" that it provides me during nap time and late nights after bedtime has finally come. There's something so fulfilling about creating!
I realize after today, after watching THIS and weeping through the entire thing that I wanted to change some things and I can honestly say that since this afternoon when I watched it I have been a better mother and I have enjoyed spending time with my precious Em...even during the tantrum which occured like clock work tonight.
I find myself more grateful for Todd everyday which truthfully wasn't or hasn't always been the case. He is so much more involved in this pregnancy and is really "here" when he's here and I love that! I love that because I can't pick Emma up and hold her anymore, he comes rushing to my aide when she needs that kind of attention. I love that he can be there for her (and me!). I am grateful for the frequent foot-rubs and the way he is taking care of me...maybe it's because I'm carrying his son, but maybe it's because we've grown together the past year and we are truly happy to be together and in this for the long haul!
I am grateful for the things I learn from smart women all around me. I am surrounded by business women, mothers, friends, my own mother and sisters and many others who teach me, show me and help prepare me for things that will come. What a blessing!
Mostly, aside from the aches and pains that go with pregnancy, I'm doing well and I'm excited for the journey ahead with a new baby and to watch Emma grow into her role as the big sister...how that will change her life forever!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh Tiff you are such an inspiration to me! I can't wait to experience these things for myself. Congrats on the pending arrival of little Max - what a lucky little guy to be coming into your great family.
Thanks Marci!! I sure miss you! We are going to Denver this weekend and I would have loved to see you!
I admire how you are always looking for ways to "love more, help others, create, share..." You are a blessing to me Tiff! I love you.
I kove you tiffy! you inspire all of us to be better!!
Post a Comment