
This dog came along in my life at a time when it really wasn't convenient to have a dog...I was single, living in an apartment (that didn't allow pets), I worked full-time...etc. I had no business getting a dog...but it was meant to be in every way. We lived together just the 2 of us for a long time before Todd and I got married and that transition and change alone was tramatic and difficult for Charlie. I stayed by his side when he ran up my credit card bill in the ICU at the Vet Clinic from an Advil Overdose. We loved to go to the HUGE dog park at Chatfield Resevoir when we lived in Denver. At night in Glenwood Springs when it was so cold, Charlie slept in my covers with me just to keep me warm. He was always so excited to see me when I came home, sad to see me leave, and craved every moment of my attention even if that meant sitting on the bathroom floor waiting for me to get out of the shower. He knew the day I was going to have Emma and acted so different and protective of me. He loves to go for walks and chase his tennis ball. He isn't particularly fond of other dogs, but tolerates them. Charlie loves to be in the car with me...especially if we go through a drive through because he knows he will always get a treat.
When you love someone as much as I've loved Charlie Brown the loss is indescribable to those who have never experienced this kind of bond. I've been on my knees praying that the Lord would take this behavioral problem away from Charlie so he can stay with us, but I realize that to take away this gift and capacity that Charlie has to love for his "person" would truly change the very dog and creature that I love. Through the course of my desperate pleadings and cries to the Lord, I have been blessed with several very interested families willing and ready to take Charlie and I have found the family I feel right about. He will go to his new home today. I take comfort in knowing that he is going to a family who already loves him and that love will continue to grow as he bonds to them the way he has to me. I know that he will be well taken care of and loved and cuddled as if he were with me and I couldn't ask for a better life for him than what he is going to have.
Someday, when Emma is older and understands more about life and love and heartbreak I will explain to her how I had to make the hardest decision of my life to this point for her and how much I love her and how as crazy as it sounds this amazing, wonderful, loving creature called Charlie Brown made me a better mother and prepared me for her. I hope she understands...


7 comments:
Tiff, I am so sorry you had to make this decision, but glad you found a good family for Charlie Brown.
wow, I am so sorry. You are amzingly strong for making such a hard decision and are totally doing the right thing, Heavenly Father knows that and will heal your broken heart. We love you Tiff!
Charlie knows how much you love him Tiffy. He's going to be ok, and so are you. As someone who has had to go through the same loss I can tell you with tear filled eyes that your heart will heal. You'll never forget, which is ok. He'll never forget you either. I love you
Tiff I am sorry. I remember when you got Charlie. I know that you two are close. Good luck.
Thanks for the love and support!!!
I'm so sorry Tiffany
Hey Tiff...
Is this what they call PUPPY LOVE? Look at the bright side, you won't have to sweep your floors twice a day (except to pick up Emma's food droppings)! Just be thankful you got to watch him LIVE and didn't have to watch him DIE!
Post a Comment