So this week we have a Dr's appt everyday but today...
Monday I had to see a specialist in Santa Fe for my Thyroid issue...we are going to just test things again in a month to see where they are at and go from there.
Tuesday was Emma's 24 month check-up. She was suppose to have a shot but Dr. Krohn said she was in such a good mood (emma) that she didn't want to give her the shot. I also learned that Em has the intelligence of a 4 year old. Dr. Krohn asked her the questions she would a 4 year old and Em could answer them all. So...my child genius has some homework...I am to teach her a musical instrument and a foreign language and start teaching her to read. She already plays the piano pretty regularly so I guess we'll focus on that. I am going to hone in on her reading skills and make some flashcards and things to push her a little bit there. She knows colors, she can count, she can say her ABC's, she remembers things amazingly well, she recognizes different cars, she recognizes people - like at the grocery store, etc. She talks very well for her age and loves interacting with adults. She has several responsibilities here at home like feeding Sophie that are her "chores" and she can complete them. So...needless to say I have my work cut out for me with this child! Dr. Krohn said that Emma will probably be fully reading by 4 years old if I work with her. I also learned that she is in the 98% for her height and is still wildly above the charts for her weight, but is stretching out. She is wearing the same summer clothes as last year and hopefully most of these things will fit again next year (unless she's too tall!)
Thursday Sophie has a vet appt. and gets her rabies shot and a little check-up.
Friday I have my pre-natal appt. in Santa Fe (ugh 2 trips to SF in one week...!) and get to schedule the ultra sound for when we find out if we are having a boy or girl!
I can't believe I'm 15 weeks already. It's going by both quickly and slowly. And at times I don't even feel pregnant (mentally). I don't think it will fully sink in until the ultrasound in August. It just feels different this pregnancy for some reason. I'm excited, don't get me wrong, but it's just different. I'm still going about my daily activities and sometimes forget that I am creating a little body inside of me. With Emma it was all I could think about and it consummed my thoughts. I think because it's my second pregnancy, my life is still going on around me and I am still moving and trying to keep up with my child genius and busy life and only when I stop and put my hand to my stomach and just breath do I really enjoy the moment of being pregnant, and I love that. I love right now being able to feel something that no one else can and knowing that this little person will be with us in a few short months!
We can't wait to meet you little baby...!
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
If you wouldn't mind...could you please create a calendar and put it on the left hand side of this page, That way the rest of the world can keep up with you!!! :) Glad you got to hear the heart beat, That is an amazing and wonderful thing!!!
I bet you love being this busy though don't you? I like to only have one thing I have to do per day. Like, going to the library one day or grocery shopping another. I don't know how you manage!
Brielle, I bet that having another baby slows me down...I can't imagine being so busy with a baby in tow...although I did it with em, so we'll see!
Emma sounds like a delight. Good luck with number 2. We're excited to find out if it will be a boy or girl
I have felt the same way with my second one, too. Since he's been moving around a lot and forcing me to stop and recognize his presence have I finally begun to realize all that I need to do. With Craig at this stage, I was decorating his room, cleaning, putting together baby furniture, etc. This time I'm having to rush to get the double stroller and things for the hospital that I need. But, it will all come together, I'm sure. :)
Post a Comment